View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-29-2011, 11:05 PM
I would be happy if all they did was make it where the Sci Team skill specifically would only apply to self for the duration of scramble so we can at least clear it. This wouldn't solve the issue of forcing healers to carry sci team but it would keep the PvE whiners at bay and we would be able to clear it in PvP easily. I don't think there is a problem with how scramble is SUPPOSED to work, its just that it is near impossible to clear. (The power is in theory ok, but is undisputably broken) I don't even know where you guys are getting that sci team won't work only 2/3 the time. That is generous because I would say when I get scrambled in PvP I only have maybe a 5% chance of my sci team applying to myself even though I always clear my target and stop firing before I hit the power.

On second thought, there also may be an issue with the fact that you really can't heal yourself very effectively at all for the duration of scramble. A better suggestion may be to make all heals self targeting only for the duration of scramble. This way Scramble retains the properties which make it useful (switching targets to mitigate damage from scramble caster as well as fool people into attacking teamates) but won't have the unintended side effect of essentially making scrambled ships sitting ducks completely incapable of defending themselves VM beta style.

Thats my 2 cents anyways.