View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 73
08-30-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
It's just occured to me that people trying PVP late in their "toon's" career may be a problem.

Now, call me crazy if you want, but what if there was PVP-XP? And your character had a seperate "level" in PVP, it could go up quite quickly to avoid horrid grind, but your VA would start PVP at Lieutenant level, ...
Hmm the idea makes a lot of sense. It could even lead to more pvp in the lower level queues. However, the tech very likely requires much more work then cryptic is able to put into it. So not even "soon™".

I like the idea of choosing to be a "fighting lt.cmd 5" with level appropriate ships and skills, as an added bonus.

Despite some rants on the forum defending the right of 600 day veterans pvp-premades to use every broken skill at their disposal to ROFL-stomp PUGs , it harms the game in many ways. I don't have a solution for the problem.
No one denies that skill comes from experience and practice. But the greater the devide between new players and vets becomes the more of a problem this will be. Sepcial XP based on PvP experience at least tries to address the problem.