View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DialgaChampion View Post
I have a few questions based on the recent Torpedo Spread update that took place in today's patch...

■ Significantly increased damage - damage is 85% of the equivalent ranked High Yield torpedo.

- Does anyone know what the Torpedo Spread's damage percentage was in comparison to the High Yield Torpedo's damage, prior to this update?
It was like 30-50%, provided your targets didn't move out of range of the explosions.

Quote:
■ Spread hits 3, 6 or 9 targets (depending on rank).

- Does this mean the number of torpedoes fired from your ship when you use the Torpedo Spread ability?
I haven't logged in yet, but it looks like Spread I will hit up to 3 targets, Spread II will hit up to 6 and Spread III will hit up to 9 targets. Odds are it's one torpedo per target, but not sure about this.

Quote:
■ Modified fx so each hit target is hit by a projectile.

- Previously, using Torpedo Spread meant firing about 3 torpedoes that exploded in space causing 'Area of Effect' damage to any enemy ships nearby. Does this mean that Torpedo Spread involves torpedoes actually hitting an enemy's hull, like with High Yield Torpedoes?
Think of it like a normal torpedo shot to 3, 6, or 9 targets at the same time.

Quote:
■ The effect has been updated so each target gets its own spread of torpedoes.

- This confuses me. Previously, you could only target 1 enemy with the Torpedo Spread, and the 3 torpedoes fired in the spread would explode near that enemy's ship. Do the torpedoes in Torpedo Spread now select their own targets randomly like with Beam Fire At Will for phasers, and then fire multiple torpedoes hitting multiple enemy hulls?
I'm hoping this is how it works, but I'm not sure yet. If it fires at the closest 3-6-9 targets from any torpedo launcher on your ship, that would be pretty cool.