View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
There's some truth to that, but I suppose that is mainly because both characters were inserted at a later time at which player hairstyles were already done. If they'd touch them again with what kind of hair graphics are available now, I'm sure they would look even better.

The tricky thing is getting the modelers to start re-working Klingon hair styles in the first place. I'd assume it is the same artists that are busy creating new ships and clothes for the C-Store and general game content; KDF just isn't a priority there. Which is somewhat understandable, but nonetheless saddening after all that time. I mean, there's always going to be something more important if you think about it.

Hey, what's that Nausicaan doing here? :p
True

I'd say that they could just take those hairstyles I posted and add them to the character creator, but I've heard that npc accessories work totally different than player accessories. I assume it might be because when npcs are designed they're one whole entity, where player characters is multiple parts attached and able to scale with each other (you make your chars head bigger, the selected hair scales with it).

What I wish they would have done, however, is when those characters were made (which is a little over a year ago) that someone looked at that hair and said "That looks pretty awesome and much better than dreads, since we're designing it right now and working on KDF stuff, it would be somewhat convenient to add it in as an option right now."

I'm sure there's a good reason why that didn't happen but eh, a man can dream.