Thread: star cruiser
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-31-2011, 02:03 PM
I'd ask if you're having trouble with keeping your front end on target with the DBBs-- star cruisers turn like a carnival cruise liner.

As for squishy, I'd suggest tactical team. It keeps your shields balanced, even against a PvP alpha strike, which in turn helps your shield heals deliver maximum points on all sides.

Aux2sif isn't a big healer by itself, but it does give a nice defensive buff to your hull. I wonder if your aux battery has run out before you hit the skill. The one good thing about aux2sif is that it cools down relatively quickly.

You didn't mention consoles: IMO the most powerful piece of equipment in the game is the field generator Mk XI, which you craft at memory alpha. It gives 35% more shields on each side. __Every__ ship should have this equipment.

Edit: I misread your post about your Em2Aux power: you have 3 "Emergency Power" powers in your build. With the global cooldowns being shared, could it be that Em2Aux is on cooldown when you need it? You may want to start equipping Aux batteries, and use them before your Aux2SIF skill (and only Aux2SIF). Batteries have a fairly long cooldown, so you have to be careful there.

2nd Edit: You didn't mention captains skills. Use Rotate Shield Frequencies early and often, and keep Miracle Worker for when your shields are gone and start taking hull hits (please use before you get to 15% hull, lol).