View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-03-2011, 07:25 PM
You make a good point for the Galaxy class. From the series we know that seam should not be visible. However we can not extend that point to all the other variants. For all we know the Venture class could have that seam as part of the class design (ie it would even be visible in general artwork that is not be limited by the game engine).

I think it would be wonderful if they could hide the seam between the default Galaxy class hull and pylons. However only if it does not remove the option to mix and match pieces. In the end this is a game, and we must make some concessions because of that. If the seam can not be removed without removing the ability to mix pylons and hull, then its is something we may just have to live with. A slight seam being visible on the default Galaxy class is a minor one to make in order to allow us the freedom to mix and match.

I agree with you that most of the Galaxy class mixes look bad. But I also have friends who absolutely love the part combinations they use on that ship. (Beauty is in the eye of the beholder).