View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 95
09-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
seriously, stop. lifers pay considerably LESS than subscribers in the long run. both pay but my money is as good as yours. you aren't entitled to any special treatment

and its interesting how people are flipping out about this yet its the same people who were fine with all those preorder and special unlocks from different versions of the game being added to the store

The difference is lifers paid upfront. Showing their backing, bringing the extra capital to cryptic to keep improving the game. We gave the large initial investment they needed, for some bright-and-shinies, and the knowledge that, in the long run, it would pay off (as long as the game didn't go belly up). You fence-sitters, er.. monthly subscribers, decided to pay as you go. If the game would've died early, no problem, you're only out $15 or $30. So there is a difference. We've both contributed to this game, but I and some others "invested" in it as well.

Also, how do you figure it's "considerably less"? Assuming a lifer bought their sub during beta for $250.00, that's 16 months of subscription. We're around 20 months now, so that would be a savings of $60.00. Well, I can tell you, I've spent at least twice that in the cstore, so again, we've both contributed to this game.