View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 41
09-08-2011, 09:56 AM
There are a couple annoyances I have which somewhat fit into things that the STOKED guys have said before. It has to do with my in game time, and my money. I don't like it when those things are devalued, and I agree with them on that issue. I think for the most part they try to be fair. I may not always agree with Jeremy and Chris 100%, but they do a very good job, and I don't see the point in knocking them for it, nor do I think they are pandering. They like the game, as do I, and that's a personal opinion. I certainly have my reservations about things that have been done at various phases of the game, but overall I like it.

My biggest beef has always been, that I wish we could have full Pitch, Yaw, and Roll. Pitch (allowing full 360 degree movement upwards), Yaw (we have this, its our ability to spin head to tail on a central axis), Roll (the ability to have our lateral flanks roll end over end in combat.). I realize there are technical issues with this, but it would be amazing. I'd also like to see Target Subsystems available on all ships (Sure give science ships better versions if you like, but this is an elementary action that happens in every show from all sides). I'd also like to see Tractor beams come standard and innately, even if weaker than the current versions of them out there. Tractor at least for the Federation has always been standard, and I'm fairly certain the Klingons always use it as well to make forced boarding parties. Neither of these 3 items are likely to happen soon, if ever. It doesn't mean I hate the game though.

That being said, I'm a little mad that the F2P model seems to be taking away some of our veteran rewards, stripping some of the uniqueness of the Lifetime account/investment and essentially greatly diminishing the efforts I've put into my Klingon characters. Quite a lot of grinding and gameplay is completely negated by this on my behalf, with 9 Lt. Generals to date, and Captains and Commanders on top of this. I'm getting no recompense for this. Additionally, I have a couple of Klingons I was looking to finish out here in the next couple weeks... but why? They're sitting at Commander 1 or 2. I'm going to get some free levels, why should I bother? I grant that the grind is somewhat boring on the KDF side, and there's logic behind what they're doing, but IF they're going to do this I feel they should reward those of us who earned all of our ranks.

The other sticking point for me with the F2P model as it comes up, and maybe this is a DOFF issue, is that they're making unusual races free. This completely diminishes my investment in all of those races. This sort of behavior actually chills my interest in future monetary investments in the game as a Lifer. All along I've spent quite a lot in the game over and above the lifetime membership... I don't like seeing that all ****ed away. I suspect Cryptic will look at our thoughts on the matter which is one reason I'm bringing these issues up. I'm pretty gung ho about the game but I have my reservations about some things. I'm happy with an F2P system, I just want it to be done well.