View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctcc42 View Post
I run STO across three monitors at a resolution of 6010 by 1080 using nvidia surround. To be honest STO dosnt realy suffer all that much for doing so. To make the experiance perfect all we need is for the devs to give us an unlock interface button in the menu so we can drag everything to where we want it, then lock it again and some more flexable fov settings.

Honestly though in its current state STO isnt just playable on three monitors, but better on three, unlike many games which you can boot up at an extra wide resolution but wouldnt want to play that way.
Do you need a special video card to do this? I have ATI but I remember seeing that this was also possible with ATI's. I just couldn't find how to do it and whether a specific type of video card was needed.

Update: Eyefinity is what the ati 3-display set up is called. I guess i would at least need a video card with 3 ports. Mine only has 2. Scratch that, I see I do have 3, VGA, DVI and HMDI.

Browsing the eyefinity site now, looks like they have updated it with more information since I was here last. Assimilating... Looks like I need an adapter for the HDMI port to hook up a 3rd monitor.