View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
Since this is a laptop, I assume you mean a 9800M GTS, which has 64 shader processors making it a lower-clocked brother of the desktop 9600 GT. Overall, that's really not a very powerful graphics chip, but at lower resolutions it should still allow you to max out the game's details.

Google says your laptop has a native screen resolution of 1440x900, which I'd consider moderate-to-high for a laptop. You probably will not be able to max out all of the details in the game, but it should still look good.

When is the last time you updated your graphics driver? Try going to Nvidia's web site and download the latest driver that supports the Geforce 9 series and your operating system. This may not work- sometimes laptops force you to get the driver through the manufacturer. If the Nvidia driver fails to install, search for one on Gateway's site. It won't be as up-to-date as the Nvidia driver would be, though.
I don't think you need to get the driver from the manufacturer any more, Nvidia changed how they do drivers a good while back and everything works off of the same package. My 9800m gtx's always have the latest driver on the Nvidia site. 280.26 is the current one.