View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I have an interest in doing a Klingon/KDF show with music and commentary and recently have a friend with a home studio set-up awesome for this idea.

Is there a place I can look-over the rules of conduct?

As well the music format, open or set to a play list?
We have a distinct need for KDF catering DJ's at the moment. That would be an awesome idea.

While I don't think there is a full publicly posted rules of conduct (I might be wrong on this), the requirements basically boil down to this.

Stay appropriate to the show rating you choose for your show (These are similar to game ratings, E - Everyone, PA - Parental Advisory, PA-16 - We might swear in this one, M - Hide the kids.) There are some guidelines based on when you can use what ratings, but most of our shows fall into PA or PA-16.

Music is open format, we take requests, some of us build our play lists as we go. The only real requirement for the music is that it's of good quality (For bitrate 128kbps or better, good quality variable bitrate works) The DJ's have pretty much total control over what they play, music wise.

There are a few requirements with the shows.
Some required tracks that need to be played like the Ratings Sweeper at the beginning of the show, station ID's every so often. Often a few required promotions (usually these are for station or in game events)
It's also required to talk a bit the listeners while on air, so the KDF commentary you mentioned would beautifully cover this. The talking can really be as little as interacting with the listeners and talking about the music or or as much as discussing changes to the game or hosting in game events. We even occasionally have primarially talk shows.

Really in the end, your show is what you make of it, and we'll be here to help you out.

Hope this helps,

Erroch