View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-25-2011, 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbg View Post
I think you took the wrong elements out of what I was wishing to express and I apologize if I did not present it in a correct manner.

Let me expound on my idea, it is not math hammered out and not taking into balance for pvp.

A slow ship with a low turning rate that has low shields (the current Vo'quv) has a hard time defending it's self being that it can't out shield one side or even turn to get a new shield facing to defend it's self fast enough. So I believe it needs a better defensive set maybe part active and part passive. Turrets that do cone damage vs killing type of torps maybe. Better shields with a better shield transfer rate.

An offensive system that does not rely on the very boring beams FAW spam that is super lame. Maybe only 4 weapon systems but they all count as 360? Maybe a torp that can fire up to 15K being your range of your fighters?

Maybe for command all ally ships in 7k get +5 to all power settings?

These are all very rough ideas with no math behind them but things I "my opinion" would like to see in a way that the dev team finds balanced and adequate.
No need to apologize, as I said it's not the first time this happened.
And maybe I just have a subconcious tendency to misread others.
Command/control is indeed something sorely missing from this game.
I did indeed design something in this category while ago (even though I intended 1 of my ideas for the KDF and the other for the Feds, ironically for the so-called "anti-carrier, to make it even)

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...9&postcount=37

I am aware that I put a comment in there that I doubt the Klingns would put something like this on a large ship but given what you propose (a reduced amount of weapons for such an ability) something like the buffs I proposed for the Federation model might work for a Klingon carrier too.