View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-30-2011, 05:57 AM
Exiting FPS mode isn't the issue (unless I did it too quickly). I can walk around but no NPC or console will interact with me (pressing F, V, clicking on obvious objects, hailing starfleet, checking notifications, etc. yield nothing).

Not wanting to waste time in the tutorial I closed the help menu after 5 seconds. The interesting thing about the thread you linked, after I was stuck with no direction, I spent 20 minutes trying to get the tutorial BACK with no luck. The closest I got was the list of help topics. However, I will try the keys that were mentioned before I delete my character and start over.

For what it is worth, I 100% agree that starting in FPS mode was a bad idea. If anything I should be taught how to go INTO shooter mode when I approach my first combat sequence, not have to use everywhere I go. I guarantee you the majority of players stay out of shooter mode when not in combat. And especially for those who do healing/support, shooter mode can be an extreme nuisance. Besides, how many people walk around ESD holding the tailor at gunpoint while changing outfits???