View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Dracon_Darknight View Post
I think you are under a great misunderstanding here:
Do you honestly believe that CBS really cares how Cryptic gets money for the licence fee they have to pay for STO?
I doubt it.

The point is that Cryptic was ways to nice to STOs players when the game started. (in regards of ships)
Not a single MMO gies you the strongest available armor (what a ship bassically is) just because you have gained 10 levels.
Some might give you a quest to recieve such armors at certain levels but none gies them out for free.

An honestly, playing through Cmdr with a LTcmdr ship is not really that hard, even when using white equip only.
It was actually pretty refreshing having a challenge for once without turning Elite mode on.

The only thing I would complain about is the time you have to grind for a Mark X torpedo

About the grinding for your ship:
When my tribble toon leveld up to RAL I got 10K dilithium as well as a ship discount token - making the ship cost 20k.
And sorry but grinding 10K for a ship actually happens during the leveling process.
Except of course you never do dailies, but well thats your problem then and not the systems.

I concur that they should adjust the Item-prices but the ship cost is fully reasonable.
In Star Trek as well as in the game the ship is just as much of a character as the captain. The Enterprise herself got almost the same amount of screentime as Picard or Kirk as did Voyager and Archer's Enterprise. Unless I am flying through space shipless, this arguement is invalid. The ships are also necessary for the additional BO slots and weapons slots so they are not armor, and since the ships themselves have no holds, they aren't even backpacks. I know I don't name my uniform, I do name my ship.

And no, I would rather have a root canal than grind dailies though constant dailies may well be a valid therapy to replace full-frontal labotomies.