View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethanatos View Post
In Star Trek as well as in the game the ship is just as much of a character as the captain. The Enterprise herself got almost the same amount of screentime as Picard or Kirk as did Voyager and Archer's Enterprise. Unless I am flying through space shipless, this arguement is invalid. The ships are also necessary for the additional BO slots and weapons slots so they are not armor, and since the ships themselves have no holds, they aren't even backpacks. I know I don't name my uniform, I do name my ship.

And no, I would rather have a root canal than grind dailies though constant dailies may well be a valid therapy to replace full-frontal labotomies.
Actually Spock traveld through a short distance without having a ship or shuttle, (using a spce suit), so the argument is still valid.

Furthermore,
you can actually keep the t2 ship as long as you want, even your t-1 ship so your argument is actually the invalid one.
Your battles will take a bit longer than with a state of the art ship but it is still possible to miss out a tier.
I know because I did it myself. It got a bit though when I hit Cmdr 8, but I still managed to do it just fine.

Do you think Picard our Kirk could go to SFC and start saying: 'Sir, I need a new vessel, those pesky romulans are far better equipped than my ship is. I know I jusyt got the enterprise, but hey why not renaming the USS Sovereign into Enterprise and make it an Enterprise class?... Yeah i know she is still experimental, but hey I want to "pew pew" these green blooded sly *******s isntead of having to fight a minute longer.'

No longer having a game where you could actually go AFK the rest of the battle after pressing a single BOFF ability is actually an improvment, not a downgrade.
óR DO you think all those Miranda captains, the show, could go to Starfleet and just ask for a new ship, because the emenies vesels were better? - No. They had to make the best they could out of it.
And yes there were things they couldn't do because of their ship - And this is represented by the BOFF abilities.