View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralBlack10 View Post
is not just the lack of damage and probe farming lesser level players are less experienced and there ships can deal the damage or take damage. the also lack experience and they are clueless on how to lay there ships out to do maximum damage and as I pointed out earlier the rest of the Borg content is restricted to certain levels for a good reason and just like the rest of the borg content in the game the red alerts should be restricted as well. Furthermore at least RA level ships are built to deal damage and take on the Borg and Vice Admirals dont usually probe farm as they have nothing to gain from it but they do want the accolades as they cant level up anymore so going for accolades is all they really have left. It is usually the lower level players probe farming. Upper level players know how to layout there ships and they have experience, fighting the Borg. They know how to team up and work with a team while lower level players may not know how to do that.
The lower tier ships are nowhere near the problem they're made out to be in my experience. Yes they can't deal the damage of a RA/VA ship but they can (and do) contribute. My problem, and I hate this with a passion, is RA/VA players that just cannot play their class. Engineers that can't tank a lot of damage, Tacs that don't do any damage and Sci that doesn't SNB when the Spread is on the command ships buff bar or throw SS on it whenever hull is exposed. This is what usually results in a lost instance in my experience.
As for probe farming, I've never seen a lower tier ships even trying because alone they can't kill them. Whenever I have seen probe farmers it's always an RA/VA character, as you mention they have little else to do so it makes sense but it's still annoying to everyone else in the instance.