View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 57
10-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Let me see if I can answer some of the questions in this thread...

First, the non-repeatability of the exploration missions is a bug. It was supposed to be that there was one daily for Dilithum, then you could repeat just like before. A fix for this is in the works, but I don't know if it quite made this week's build or not.

Second, crafting details will come next week as I mentioned in the forums. We're targeting the crafting pass for next week's build and we're still hammering away at it.

Third, I was not able to post this week on how Holodeck characters will be updated, as I hinted at the previous week, because we didn't quite get enough done. I'm pretty sure we'll have this to you sometime next week. Our internal testing is going well, but isn't done.

Fourth, I agree that the stores should have a more complete set of gear, at least at White quality, for Energy Credits. I'll make sure that gets into the EC economy review pass.

And finally, the Dilithium refining limit was put in initially as a safety valve, which is useful as we're getting the economy data set up properly. If it turns out that the economy is stable without the limit, which we can tell from the Ore creation rates and other data, we can likely remove the limit or increase it in the future. I'm planning to keep it in place until we have more complete data on actual currency flow, then we'll re-evaluate the setup.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online