View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-15-2011, 12:16 AM
I can see both sides of this argument.

The whiners want an easier time promoting.

The hardcore's want the system to remain competitive.

Personally, I think it's fine. Worry more about economy problems, less about boff issues.

Occupy Exchange Street anyone?

I think Exchange needs a reboot when this whole thing hits Holodeck, because there are still items there that have insanity prices that just do nothing but take up space and cause the market to get spoofed. I look for a baseline price quote on my items to sell, then I set it down about 10K from that, and arrive at a fair price that sells fast. That is the intention of Exchange, not to have people camp insane prices to gouge the market for eternity.

There will always be idiots trying to mess things up, but an Exchange reset would really fix the market, and for a while, everyone would play fairly. Sounds great to me, I'm tired of seeing idiots on Exchange all the time.

It's as bad as the PM spamming was earlier in this game's life. How did all those morons get a grip on my account anyway? Made me pretty nervous to keep my account going for this game while that went on, if they could spam my mailbox, they could have gotten a grip on my credit number or taken control of my account, buying c-store up the whazoo and really giving me a headache...

I'm glad they killed that problem, but sometimes having so many morons running high-end exchange is just as annoying. When I hit VA and want to buy/sell top gear, I don't expect to see some moron running 2 Million EC for a bloody Aegis part, or just to get a certain BOFF skill.

I mean, do you know just how insane it is right now to get a BOFF with Torp Spread 3?? If you don't roll one (which never seems to happen), then you can just forget it happening. I'd love that skill on my Excelsior Retrofit.

TS2 does very good dmg, but TS3 would hit even harder.

Bah, going offtopic again...Sorry.

Still, could we do something to clean up Exchange? It's getting totally out of whack these days on Holodeck...I could see 500K or so for an Aegis part, or a BOFF with a certain skill that everyone wants, but 2 Million? Nope.

Plus I want my 250 Emblems/Dilithium reward back for all the time and effort I've put into this game from Day One! I've lost faith in this game since that was removed, if this launch from F2P to Holo does not give a 250 Dilithium or something similar, I'm gone for keeps. Removing vet rewards is NOT a great way to keep your valued subscribers, which you're losing at an insane pace.