View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 279
10-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GEN-Alaris
*Sigh* And they're going through with what I feared would happen... transwarp to every mission. Takes away a lot of the mystique of the game in my book, and it's to appease the new players, so that they'll stay, and buy stuff from the C-Store, and I know it.
I'll probably still use the long way to travel around. I don't necessarily think it takes away from the mystique of the game; it anything, it's actually more realistic because as of yet we haven't been able to travel at warp speed except to get out of an instance or transwarp to one of the stations.

Granted, it would be awesome if they had time frames, ie. 15, 30, 60 seconds etc depending on the distance, and have a cut scene of actually being in warp.

As for your last few points, I think you may not be seeing things clearly because the developers have always been trying to apease new players so that they'll stay, and they've always been trying to get people to buy stuff from the C-Store. So, I don't see any difference in those respects.