View Single Post
Lt. Commander
I am new to the game and a huge Star Trek TV & movie fan. I have tried every major MMO out there but have avoided STO in the past because I heard it was buggy. Considering the time that has passed since the release and the fact that the Free To Play is likely to breathe new life into STO, I decided to check it out.

As an avid MMO player, I have been unpleasantly surprised and disappointed in the fit and finish of the game. I had to restart the game several times just to get out of the buggy training level and find that seems to be a normal course of action when questing later as well. Between unfinishable quest objectives, NPCs falling through maps and what appears to be several clones of my officers on my bridge (this isn't EVE online, right?), this game is quite frankly an embarrassment to the name of Star Trek.

Understand - I'm not a troll. I'm not threatening to /ragequit and I'm not trying to stir up crap. I am hoping to provide feedback so that you don't lose all the free to players a day into trying the game. I play daily. I play with my friends (12 of which I brought with me), and I tend to commit to a single game. Basically, I'm pretty much the bullseye in any MMO's target demographic. And I don't plan on sticking around if the F2P patch doesn't bring the game out of the buggy beta state it's in now. The day Rift was released to beta, it was already more solid than STO is now. By a lot.

Cryptic, F2P is going to give you a second chance. Take the time you need to fix things. Pay attention to the 82 page critical showstopper bug forum. I think there is a portion of players that will give you some latitude because of their love of Star Trek. But there's a limit. Please... PLEASE... Fix the game. There's too many AAA MMOs on the horizon - give us a reason to stay with yours.