View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12 New STFs...
10-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Here are my 2 cents...

I have played the following on Tribble
- INFECTED , SPACE and GROUND
- THE CURE, SPACE and GROUND

I have to say it feels more detached than ever... Space and Ground have nothing to do with each other any more and 4 out of 5 times we warped in with only 3 or 4 players, because the others clicked DECLINE, after queuing up.

Since space is now separate from ground; when you are done you disband the team... It should ask the player ,like before, to continue to the ground... only if someone did not finish the ground part they can queue up for that instance.

Also, after doing THE CURE I only got a lousy armor instead of a borg device...
If the STFs stay like this when F2P goes live, I will definitely switch my Subs to free...

There is another space mmo coming out in 1 or 2 months... will probably subscribe to that one.

I like the STFs how they are currently on the Holodeck, that was the only reason I am online, to play STFs and help noobs through the tough times. Now any noob can do them and they don't even give good rewards.

Will I be able to craft a Warp 14 engine after F2P goes live?

At the current state on Tribble, I do not like the new STFs...
I imagine once it goes live and more and more F2P users will be online it will be even harder to get a 5 man team together to get through an entire mission... People who are not serious about playing will leave the team in the middle of a mission, what do they have to lose? They're not paying for the game...

Sorry I am ranting on, and F2P is not even live yet... Will wait and see what happens...

One victory for Subs and Lifers... free ship tokens are back on level up....