Thread: Tier 6 Ships
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-18-2011, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattimus_Prime View Post
I read someplace that Cryptic was eventually going to add in another rank for all players, which would bring us another ten levels and a new tier of ships (rather than a lateral tier as with Vice Admiral).

My question is, does anyone know if they plan on keeping current endgame ships relevant? It would be kind of a kick in the pants to no longer be able to use ships like the Defiant-R, the Dreadnought, and all these other ships we've got for endgame.

I have personally become very attached to my Defiant-R, and I'm looking forward to trying out the new Quad Cannons... the idea that I wouldn't be able to use it at 61 doesn't sit well with me, though I can see them doing it. They're resisting putting out a retrofit of several popular ships like the Akira, so it wouldn't be too far outside the realm of possibility for them to leave most of the ships we're currently using behind.
Well part of the good news here is with the move to the abilities being console based you can take the quad cannons and put them on the t6