View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
<Re: VA Tokens>
Part of the "pact" with the players back around S2 was that these C-Store ships would be available in game and as a sort of "halfway meeting" each character would get one of these ships for free as part of their subscription upon reaching VA1. There opposite side of he deal were drawbacks, like you couldn't discharge/reclaim it, and if you wanted more than one of these T+1 ships you had to grind 500 Emblems to unlock another single copy, or pay the C-Store Piper. I have always felt that was an eloquent solution.

Taking this option away from Subscribers is removing something that was previously a part of the subscription. Personally, I think it should be part of the Gold-Only part of the game to encourage Subs. Silvers are welcome to use C-Store only.

Quote:
...you put in the C-Store Prices and Time-Gated Conversion in the Negative changes category when it's based on the changing Economy...
Yup. I read a post (can't find atm) where the C-Store prices were said to be near stable. When we were told the "plan" was no price changes (or to lower), then any hikes are deemed bad, much less ~80% of the items going up a lot.

Regardless of the numbers, I don't think subscribers should be subjected to a time-gated currency conversion process. If a player pays $15 a month and wants to spend 10 hours on a Saturday and earns 40,000 Dil he should get to spend it right then and there on that shiney new ship part, not have to wait 5 days to refine it. They want to time-gate Silvers? I got no problem with that.

Edit: I reworded/added the above to the OP.

Quote:
The same goes for the "Relentless" nerf...
Yup. I added another link that explains further about how I feel, but in short, they're talking about a BO. I can't imagine any BO (or really anything) will replace the value of 250 Emblems worth of End Game items in terms not only of playability, but also saved Grind Time. Thanks for your thoughts Direphoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrocks View Post
You missed the forced episode chaining, which I think the majority sees as negative...
Thanks, I did forget about that, and yes it's negative, but I added it to Uncertain for reasons listed above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfman View Post
While you indeed not get a token anymore, you gain dilithium during leveling and if you have a subscription you gain teh above mentioned 400 cp per month. Hence, as a subscription player there is most likely no limitation...
If I'm a subscriber and I level three toons to VA in one month, I should get my pick of three of those VA ships the token used to be good for. 400CP/Mo will not cover one toon to pick a ship, much less two or more, for many months. I call that a limitation.

Dilithium gained through leveling can not buy C-Store ships. There's going to be a Dil<>CP Exchange, but we don't know much about it except there's no set price, it's not like I'll know 500 Emblems will get me a ship, and I have to hope there's even CP available. When compared to a VA1 Token, that sounds like another limit to me.

Quote:
Your example is the 1600 cp ship that was 1200 before, which in the end is actually a 0 increase... Considering that some other items kept the price or actually got cheaper the statment that C-Store Prices got Jacked up is not generally correct.
Hmmm... Last time I checked (10/06/11) the MVAM Escrot went up 800pts. That's more than a wash. But ok, many items do break even. I comment on that in the 400 Stipend Positive part. The fact that ~20% of the items are priced equal to or less than before pales in comparison to the ~80% that went up. That qualifies correct as a "general" upward jacking.

Quote:
In any case, if I look at the balance sheet I am so far linking most of the changes. The most critical imbalance is with Dilithium and Dilithium prices for items to my mind.
And you're welcome to that opinion (no sarcasm intended). Thanks for posting wulfman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii View Post
Not that I want to seem like the grammar/spelling police, but I think you mean "Respec" (or Captain Retrain) tokens.. Nobody can buy Respect. It has to be earned (and not with Merits either).
"Everybody run! 5.0 is rollin' up on our grammarz and spellinz!!" lol

Thanks Destini, I corrected my mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii View Post
However, Respec tokens do tie in with the Dilithium/C-points Exchange, since it's theoretically possible to get the C-points for a Captain Retrain token from the Exchange of currency.
Sure. And a Captain Retrain that used to cost $5 in CP (and I think was too expensive then) is now $9.75 (when last checked, 10/06/11). Nearly $10 to reboot my character's skills? Wow!

New items on the list:
Besides the aforementioned Forced Mission Chaining, I added the T5 Excel Nerf, KDF Academy, and Dilithium Crafting.