View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-23-2011, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeyer View Post
Given my time in STO, I can understand how you feel that way. I share a large measure of the frustration I'm reading in your post, given what for me has been an extremely long time since new episodes have come out. This has tarnished, in my mind, the original promise of the FEs; bits of original content rolled out on a regular basis.

That said, as I put myself in the shoes of a total STO newbie, playing all of the episodes in order makes the whole game feel more coherent, and dare I say it, professional. There is one epic story arc spanning several sectors and different races. The story flows in a logical progression. And yes, the old episodes were really good and well put together.

I'm just not sure how the finished product will play for me. That remains to be seen.
EB
Wait until you play it a second time. I think first time through it may work but when you roll another then another it will look very unprofessional.

I understand what you're saying. I started running a KDF on Tribs. And the forced progression wasn't as bad. One reason because I've only gotten on KDF to cap so far. Another is a high commander. Another reason is the lack of content on KDF side so being led like a little puppy by Cryptic through their lack of content faction didn't seem as bad. But when the Fed side has more than enough to reach cap twice over, it gets really annoying.