View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
I played both of your missions and had a lot of fun! They were both excellent, and I especially enjoyed the crisp dialogue that moved the story along (the character of Quevos was very amusing). I now understand what you mean by a "Skip Dialogue" button...I'm going to have to incorporate that in my missions.

I played the first mission by myself on elite. I like the way you made the mission feel like a genuine investigation. I also enjoyed the challenging battles (I need to play my Klingon engineer character a little more often)

The second mission was a lot of fun, and I played that one with a friend. I enjoyed the twist at the end, which I won't spoil for anyone else reading.

I'm afraid I didn't have time to go through and do as thorough a review as you have been doing for other players (myself included--I owe you for that). But here are a few quick suggestions:

In the first mission, in the map titled "Romulans are here", you have two tasks that are both labeled as "Rescue B'Kini". I would recommend naming the second one "Speak with B'Kini" since you have already saved her at that point.

In the second mission, my friend (who plays as an Orion) was a little thrown off when he insulted another Orion. He also wasn't sure why the mission's boss called him a "Stupid Klingon". He wanted me to remind you that the KDF is made up of more than just Klingons.

Finally, although the dialogue was nearly flawless, I caught one mistake. In the map mission "Of Romulans and Conspiracies" there is a moment where you are getting information about a Romulan patrol, and the dialogue says "There are moving" instead of "They are moving".

Thank you for your excellent work on this two-part series. As someone who enjoys a good story and great writing, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

p.s If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend trying to get your missions on the Nagus list.