View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 153
10-23-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmera
no we really dont always act like captains... perhaps you have never been to a stf or used all your special powers...

yet again another offensive person to such a great game...

well just another person to watch out for in the advent they grow up and past this childhood make believe stage and join us in the game for some content only to learn that he appeared on a ignore list and gets booted from the STF cause he rather be his own captain rather than a team player at supporting the game rather that this rubbish.
I don't know why I deserve the flak, honestly.

I don't want anything taken away from other players. I'm just in favor of having the possibility to play the game as you want it. If people want to be admirals it's fine, but letting them choose to be a captain instead of one-in-a-thousand "fleet admirals" would decrease the number of admirals and I personally would like that.

I do like the game. I pay for the game and make suggestions on how to improve the gaming experience. I don't know if the "Just shut up and play" mentality is somewhat more constructive than different oppinions on the matter. And you cannot defend the canon-wise mess the game is, since everyone can basically play in the time period they want it just is all mixed together. There is no feel of continuity or even community when you have to be on a mission with a 300-year-old crew and a partly assimilated future crew from the 29th cenutry. Of course this does not lead to me ignoring other players when they approach me, like I said. But it really takes away any kind of immersion I'd like to have in a Star Trek game. And if that immersion would'nt be important and I just wanted a random MMO in which I could be a teamplayer I wouldn't need to play STO because, lets face it, what is it besides the Star Trek label that STO offers? I'm honest here. If it weren't Trek, I would not play. So what's wrong with asking for improvements of what the game is to me?

Why all the hatin'? Calm down