View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-26-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
From reading this I would suppose that you are a tac. flying the Dread. I'm an eng. Different build and different tactics for a different skill set. You've got a burst DPS killer and I've got a tank set up to draw aggro and provide general support. Mine is built to take a beating... I run two copies of EPtS 3 along with all the other engineer goodies. Some people say it is a waste, but as it generally takes the concentrated efforts of 3 or more players to take me down I'd like to think it is pretty successful.

I also don't really play PvP in the queues. It's turned into too much of a pain... spam and scramble all over and premades rolling the pugs.

I spend much of my time in Ker'rat now, where the PvP tends to be smaller shorter engagements usually resulting from a couple of feds being jumped by a couple of Klinks. I'm having a lot more fun there than I ever did in arena or C&H.

Look me up in game sometime, we can compare notes.
Any ship in the game, Galaxy-X included, becomes a completely different machine when swapping hands between Tactical, Engineer, or Science.

Yes, I am a Tactical Galaxy-X Captain. I hit much harder, but you do have the advantage of survivability.

I do PvP in Ker'rat as well. I simply don't enjoy it as much because in most normal situations, one of two things will happen.

1.) Just to be an ***, one of my own "allies" will train about 20 Borg ships on the spawn point and screw both sides out of some decent PvP.

2.) My spineless "allies" are too concerned with completing the PvE objective that they just run away from any enemy players, often leaving me 1vs4+.

I enjoy PvP. I do not enjoy PvE trains amidst otherwise fun PvP. I do not enjoy a PvP match among completely distracted or otherwise cowardly allies against a determined enemy.

Take out the Borg or any other useless PvE mobs in Ker'rat, FORCE the two opposing sides to face each other in PvP, and I would likely enjoy it a lot more, even with PuGs.

Otherwise, I prefer to stick with my fleet and enjoy pure PvP with people I can count on and who count on me, against enemies who aren't distracted on worthless PvE agendas and can apply 100% of their attention to destroying me.

THAT is a challenge, and THAT is my preference on fun.

But, to each their own.