View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-27-2011, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeMcGee
I was wondering if you could work in the dps (not burst but actual dps) for photon torpedo launchers. I've noticed using two of them with two dual heavy cannons seems two work better for dps then an all energy weapons set up. I know it would be difficult since you would need to have a hull/shields comparison for dps. After all photon torpedo launcher does have almost twice the base DPS of a dual heavy cannon, even if it does deal less damage to shields.
I'll take your suggestion into consideration, and see if I can come up with some way to present the info you're asking about. No promises, but I'll see what I can do.

That said, at this point I'm probably going to wait for the game to go F2P before making any major changes to the calculator. It seems like a lot of balance changes are taking place on Tribble, and I will probably event want to even run a few tests to verify the weapon scaling results remain the same after all the changes. There's just no point putting in a lot of work at this point, knowing that many things could be changing in the near future.