View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
11-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno[*
A few other notes on the Dilithium Exchange:
  • The price for one Cryptic Point must be between 50 Dilithium and 500 Dilithium. This value is subject to change as we see how the market evolves.
[/list]
I am sorry.. but I am going have to rant here.

Price ceiling and price floors? Really? You really have to be kidding? Does anyone at cryptic have any understand of economics? And understand what price ceilings/floors do to an economy ? They can destroy an economy! They punishing anyone bringing items to the market. Has anyone there taken at least economy 101?

And what happened to ….

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
I disagree, on several accounts. To start with, the Dilithium to C-Point Conversion, which is handled entirely by the player base, does in fact allow for anyone to purchase anything from the C-Store without having to spend any of their own money.

This is not a system that will be controlled by the players. This is a system that is controlled by Cryptic and is designed to solely to set a fixed price for to purchase in game currency for US$. WHy go through all the motions? Just sell dilithium in the c-store. You know that is what you really want to do.

Am really sadden by these changes. I really have been holding back these past few weeks, willing to take a wait and see attitude. But atlas, this keystone of the new “economy” (using the word “economy” to describe what Cryptic is adding is being very generous, btw) really shows that everything in Star Trek Online will be design for Cryptic to milk as much money from the player base as it possible can not by creating a quality product but by manipulating the player into paying more and more cash.

If the changes I see on Tribble now go live to Holodeck, I fear that I will no longer be willing to support this game or the Star Trek Online community.