View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailean_556 View Post
There are those who want to reinstate the old ships because they believe they are the "old school diehard true Star Trek fans". Which is a whole lot of BS (read slang acronym for the term male cow manure). If they were true Star Trek fans they'd accept that the time of the Constitution is over. It's like the battleships. They had a time and a place as master of the oceans and seas. Now that era has passed. As has the era of the Constitution. A legendary ship in a league of it's own, the Constitution and it's modernised (23rd century) refit were without doubt symbolic of the Federation. However that has now passed. As has the time of the Excelsior and the Galaxy. And the era of the Sovereign is waning too, unfortunately for me as I command one.

It is just a game and in games anything is theoretically possible but it's a game with rich lore and a timeline which dictates that the Constitution class is centuries old. There have never been any frontline warships that are over a century old. Miranda's were used in the Battle of Wolf 359 and during the Dominion War but they weren't true frontline combat vessels, they were support vessels which were directed to engage enemy vessels. I was less than impressed when they (Cryptic) brought the NX in but I've accepted it as it's a T1 not a T5. As beautiful as the class may be, it's days as a frontline warship facing off against Borg and Undine are just not meant to be. It's already in game as a T2. Let it go.
And though i appreciate your opinion. if Cryptic can bring in the NX as a teir 1 which its so far out of date it could be munched on by a connie like so much candy then they could also make my connie into a tier 4 so i can play with it at admiral level.

I also like the older designs. a lot of the newer stuff im seeing to me looks just ugly. and i dont like it. and i dont want to fly it.

but as you said its just a game and i should have to put up with all the Half Borg Pimp Mobiles flying around ESD then others (Such as yourself) should be able to put up with my TWOK Connie flying around... Oh wait you already have to. so why should you give a rip if im flying it at tier 4 or tier 2.

ill tel you why. those people who PvP can't stand the fact that someone (not me mind you because i dont PvP) will bring in a connie and wipe the floor with them in their sovvie.

As for CBS saying no. I am willing to bet that as C-Store purchases start acounting for so much more income im willing to bet that this will become less and less of an issue. Enough money and CBS will say yes. Im willing to bet that in the next 12 months we will see a lvl 4 or 5 connie.