View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-07-2011, 08:12 AM
All depends on your point of view.

Years ago I was totally against the Pay to Play model. Then I finally agreed to try one out.

Now I have several MMOs under my belt...

Free to Play worries me...Not because of the so called "Pay to Win" mentality...It's the class of people that usually hang out with F2P games. Generally the community suffers...greatly. Chat channels are inundated with all kinds of crap...because hey...what do they care..They aren't paying...so they won't lose anything if they get banned.

Micro-transactions also used to bother me...but then I realized it's not so bad...as long as it's not over charged.

So far...I have yet to see anything that really is "Pay to Win" item. You don't HAVE to have certain things to win.

I know several PvPers that haven't really bought much from the C-Store and they dominate.

Yeah...some things from the C-Store are a bit...much....but in a F2P setup...how else are they going to make money?

All these Anti-Cryptic people are actually getting on my nerves...but hey...If that's how they want to spend their time...badmouthing everything "because they can" then so be it.

I am a lifer. I plan on staying. Am I happy with EVERYTHING Cryptic has done? I'd be lying if I said yes.....hehe