View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Argh, I forgot to add the T4 and T5 performance skills - I did have points in them; just missed them as I was copying it all down. Thanks for noticing that; I've fixed it.

I know there's a drop-off with ranks 8 and 9 for skills and I am certainly going to mess with this when I get some free time to see if I can make it better. I've always had ground skills up to 7 on Holodeck (and have never had a problem with ground combat even after the S4 update), but if the gain is as small as you say, I might take that down a notch and see if I notice any difference.

Yeah, they've definitely nerfed power levels. I don't think we should have to go all the way to 9 to equal what we had on Holodeck - that costs way too many skill points now. We should only have to go up to 7, in my opinion.

I also think we should only have to go to rank 5 for skills we didn't have before - like the power transfer speed. We couldn't affect that before with skills, and now we have to pump all 9 ranks into it to come just short of where we used to be on Holodeck - that's just wrong, if you ask me.