View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreael
However, if your enjoyment of the game is based on new content, than it is false. My enjoyment is not derived from constant repetition of content I already played.
I'm sure you will agree that 'enjoyment of the game' is something that's hard to quantify on a universal basis and that each individual player is likely to have their own individual and highly subjective metric for that. Most corporations that are large enough to engage in assessment of customer satisfaction, however, try not to use subjective metrics. McDonald's, for example, uses some pretty sophisticated modeling, testing and evaluation methodologies just to sell sandwiches.

Quote:
It is derived from new content, be it new featured episodes, diferent equipment, new ships, alternate mechanics/game systems (doffs), etc. For this content to be provided they need the funds to do so, which the current subscriber base is not giving them but with luck F2P will.
I completely agree with you in this respect, but I'd have to point out that when a corporation completely changes its business model, it *expects* to lose some degree of its existing customer base. However, PW seems to be expending some degree of time and effort in *retaining* as much of that base as it can. The responses in these fora and the changes to the test content are evidence of that.

Quote:
Honestly, what has been added to this game since launch, which itself contained very little content. 3 featured episodes with 5 missions each? A handful of new sectors and missions? There are nearly as many new ships on tribble at the moment as have been released since launch.
I think everyone can agree that additional content is needed. I'd be quite interested in seeing project management and financial documents pertaining to the build of a single new Featured Episode; the cost in resources and man-hours involved in building it and the revenue attributable to it, as well as the development and testing timeline. I suspect that the programmer team at STO is smaller than we might think and that it has its hands fairly full in running, maintaining and remediating the game as it presently stands. That doesn't leave much for new developments.