View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
11-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I think they probably have a word doc somewhere with a one page outline but I recall Kestrel admitting there was no story bible and they have a couple of FEs planned beyond the current one in her last interview. She has indicated she'd like to write a story bible if she ever gets the time.

There may be detailed plans or ideas but, as I understand it, nobody has had the time to write them down.

I recall from Gozer's "content drought" comments that the content team is tasked with building social maps, doing cinematics, and writing out missions and dialogue from Kestrel's notes. We know from STOked 100 that they do things like script special ability consoles as well.

Now, the content team is, as I understand, the largest team on STO but I have to say that I think it's really about 3-5 teams worth of focus crammed into one and that hurts the game when the same people concerned with subplots and dialogue are also placing trees in social hubs and scripting boss fights; that works for the Foundry, I suppose, but I think more manpower and a reworking of the division of labor would yield better output and a cleaner focus on story.