View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTagloH View Post
I might as well have different tactical BOFFs one for PVE and one for PVP. What about Fire at Will 3? I wish they had a power like it that only fires on one target.
Sure, different BOff options are always a good idea. With only 1 tactical commander slot I would say BO3 is better than FAW3. FAW is IMHO situational, for standard situations it can be used without a problem, but in situations with a lot of strong enemy targets, lets say Orellius Block RA, you'll get a lot more attention than you'll like. There are also other situations where uncontroled AoE damage is bad, for example the revamped Infected and with your focus on subsystem targeting, which affects a single target, better go Beam Overload.

Quote:
Why do this? In what way does it help?
Starship Operations, Sensors, Sensor Arrays are the 3 skills that help with subsystem targeting. If you want to get the most out of it, put some points in there. At the moment I can't say on what it will depend after the skill tree revamp, havent been on Tribble for a week or so.

Quote:
Doesn't that just drain shields? Although I can see the draining shields advantage. I can always have both Tetryons and Polaron in my inventory and just switch them when needed especially with the new skill revamp.
Yes, Tetryon only has a shield proc. Even with the skill tree revamp, the procs of Tetryon and Polaron are underwhelming compared to Phaser/Disruptor.

Quote:
Is the Breen energy drain power from the set any good compared to the Sci BOFF Drain Energy? Although I do prefer Regenerative Shield Array MK XI [REG]x2 with 2 EPTS chained so that would eliminate the Breen Energy Drain.
Would a Torpedo Launcher, a Dual Beam Bank and 2 Beam arrays in front and a Torpedo Launcher with 2 Beam Arrays in back be the best Beam setup?
I've only tested the Breen Set shortly after its introduction, but I think at least the cooldown is higher than standard Energy Siphon. For weapons layout somebody else should comment, I'm a little aesthetics freak and therefore my Prometheus has to have 3xBA/1xTorp front and 2xBA/1xTorp aft.