View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

So I logged in to tribble and immediately noticed quite a few changes. I'll list what I noticed and whether I liked or disliked it. hopefully many will add to that list so we all can provide feedback on the most recent changes.

1. The graphic overhaul of ESD. ESD now has cartoony, colorful direction signs all over the place. You seriously can't walk five paces without seeing a half-dozen signs or more. I really don't like this at all, it's like your saying I'm too stupid to find my way without an arrow pointing to another arrow and another until I get to my destinatioin. you might as well add colored lines to the floor.

2. The second set of stairs removed from the ceremony room. I like this one, it unclutters the hall in that area, and makes the ceremony room look larger.

3. The cartoony bangs over npc heads. Again, I don't like it, it's several steps below the bangs you were using.

Agree whole heartedly with all of the above.

I like that there are now actual lamps along the wall in ESD. Not sure how I feel about the lamps themselves though. Something about them doesn't seem to fit. Color maybe?

The new DOFF screen is NOT an improvement. Much less streamlined than the old system. I will say that I love some of the little additions though, namely the "recently recruited" search.

I'm not sure if draw distance was changed somewhere to make room for all the thousands of F2Players expected or if it is just my system, but I also seem to be getting alot of "ghosting" as NPCs sort of phase into existance on ESD. Anyone else seeing this? Is the guy from Lost playing with outlawed Cloaking devices again?

All in all a good update, I think. Keep up the good work Devs.