View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
11-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
@abystander.
I think the difficulty in the mission lies in part with the BOff AI (or lack of). Many times, they would just stand in the AOE fire while their HP whittled away. I was able to complete it - twice. But it was annoying to have to do so, and manually controlling my BOFFs was a pain.
Yeah I noticed that the AI for Bridge officers is real wonky on tribble. I had one become intimate with the gate itself, and refuse to enter until I backtracked and led them back with a trail of bread crumbs. I also had a problem with one bridge officer who liked fire...though i moved them out asap. One way to mitigate the AI issue could be to spread people out initially before you allow the boss to spawn.

I had more difficulty with the Breen boarders on Kahless' ship, thanks to the bloody cryo grenades and enclosed spaces, than I did with the Vices and the end boss. I had my entire team go down before I could get them out of a cryo grenade effect. I was able to run back down the hall and pick them off as they chased me one by one, though.

Sorry if I misunderstood your problem. It appeared to me from your initial post that you were just having an issue with the fire damage and the boss' large health pools. I do agree it is annoying having to micromanage every fight with ground aoe. Even with idiot AI though, the fights are very manageable.

The AI needs more fixing, it's gotten better, but there is still room for improvement.