View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-20-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Ok ... I'm currently working on my build for both my T5 Raptor as well as my T-5 Defiant.

What would be a good build for dog fighting ... for a player that likes to get in close on attack runs and hang with his opponent for a time while fighting?

Curious as to what others think as well as best use of DPS vs. firing arcs.
This is my build. I have been using it for a very long time, and it does work. (At least for me) I have never lost 1vs1 with this build, and the only time you might loose 1vs1, is against a klink, and the only reason he might win. is because of his increased turn rate. He can keep his DHC's trained on you more then you can.
The only thing that I might possibly change with this build is running 4 DHC's, instead of 3 and one quantum. But that is just experimental with me right now. This build I know works, so try it out, and customize it to your needs.

All Weapons are Mk XI Very Rare:

Fore weapons:
3 Anti-Proton Dual Heavy Cannons
1 Quantum Torpedo Launcher

Aft Weapons:
3 Anti-Proton Turrets

Consoles: All are Mk XI Rare

Full Borg Set:

Engineering Consoles:
1 EPS flow regulator
1 Nutronium Alloy

Science Consoles:
Borg Universal console
1 Halon System

Tactical:
3 Prefire Chamber (Or 4 depending on your setup)
1 Quantum Chamber

Bridge Officers.

Tactical:
THY 1, CRF 1, THY 3, CRF 2, TT 1, TT1, APB 1, & APO 3. (The reason for this, is when you first strike, hit APO, APA, CRF 2, THY 3, & TT 1. This sends CRF 1, THY 1, APB 1, and TT 1 in a 15 second cool-down. Just keep switching between the two.

Engineering:
EPtS 1 & 2 (Not only do they raise your shields, but they give you shield resistance, and shield power which is great for the Borg shields)

Science:
Polarized Hull 1
Hazard Emitters 2
These share a cool down. But if you time it right, it doesn't matter. Polarized Hull only lasts for 15 seconds. That is how long it sends HE into a cool down. So you hit Polarized hull, then HE 15 seconds later.

This is what you do:

Cloak, get behind someone. Hit all your abilities. Fire on my mark, APO, APA, CRF 2, THY 3, & TT 1.
Decloak. and fire.