View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
11-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HamRadio18
I am having the same problem. How do I reinstall the launcher? I tried launching the game from the game client icon in the live folder, but when it asks me to login, it times out. What happened?!?!?!?!???!?!?

Edit: I don't know what's going on. It keeps giving me that error, but I just keep opening it up, and it started working. I guess this means that once you open your game, at least until they fix this problem, don't close your game.
To reinstall the launcher, you need just overwrite the file startrekonline.exe on your game folder by one copy of the working launcher. This usually means: install the game on a different folder, copy the launcher from this fresh installation on the folder of the old one. Test if it works. Just, don't check the force verify thing on options. It will basically redownload the entire game. Also, after you finish the patch, it may give a "error 36". Simply close the launcher and open it with administrative privelegies. If everything work, you may uninstall the old installation. At least, this completely fixed the game for me.