View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Personally I wouldn't be bothered by a Jupiter Dreadnought being released with peregrine fighter pets. I'm not so sure why people are up in arms about the idea. .. or even some other kind of automated attack pods. Just because feds never used a Carrier in the shows isn't saying they won't now. They've been through quite a lot of war, and now even more war. Like it or not, war vessels are going to happen. The goal is peace, but there you have it. I do think most Fed ships would probably use Automated ships for these uses, or other type of 'spam' attacks but I personally have no problem with a Fed side carrier.

That being said, I'm more interested in seeing some rethinking done on Cruisers. Cruisers need better methods of threat generation. I've been thinking about this a long time, and I really think (while all ships should have it), Cruisers most of all should come with an Innate Tractor Beam. This would be akin to the four free target subsystems that a Science vessel has. This would also allow for cruisers to continue to do crappy damage, but still tie up the enemies so that they become a more serious threat. Even cooler still, would be if we could fire off a multi-tractor beam on enemies.