View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 26
11-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelfwin View Post
From "Path to F2P #24" http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2695

The following is my theory as to why this may have happened (partially at least) :

In the thread titled "Stop the Signal Stopped the Game, Story Chaining glaring weakness on tribble" , Rehpic (a cryptic dev) stated that one way they intend to combat the failure in the episodic chain progression was to :

In short , their answer to potential bugs in the system is to allow us to sail through missions by making them easy ... -- heck they even ask for recommendations for missions that they can make easier .

After I re-read the post to make sure I did not misunderstand (I was hoping I did ...) , my response was :
"Were this a phone call to a service provider , this would be the point I would ask to talk with a supervisor ."

As I said in the beginning , this is I believe a partial reason for the quote from D'Angelo .
I also agree with a previous poster who said that one of the reasons they may think that VA's are a minority is because so many players have quit at lower levels .
The only logical conclusion to draw of why some large x% of the playerbase didn't pass past commander is because they quit, forever. That was just one glaring way of Cryptic/Stahl twisting data to make the point that they were right, when in fact they were wrong.