View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
11-29-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
some people think it sucks. i may have paraphrased the word 'sucks' but their reviews were scathing in how much they did not like it.

i dont find that surprising and they are in the minority but some people hated it.
Ok but (until the point you wrote) not in this thread.
I admit... there is a lot to hate on TOR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
the graphics...
lets just say the graphics will not make me want to buy this game... and STO just looks better.
That cant be denied..... It doesnt look much diffrent then its predecessor, Knights of the old republic... and that was 2003...
Also, I dont really like the comic style...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
played the beta this weekend...
i had one repeatable crash (end of first flashpoint, and i wasn't the only one)
a pixel error (there is a bright orange fixed pixel on the screen that never goes away, once you've seen it you can't look away anymore)
and 2 quests that were just broken and could not be finished.

but
quest bugs (show stoppers)
no anti aliasing option
at the end of beta does not say quality product to me, but rather rushed development...
Quote:
Originally Posted by -GEN-Alaris
I participated in the most recent Beta Testing Weekend, and it was rather terrible. Yes, it is a Beta, but it is a late Beta, and should be more polished.
Sounds like you almost played a diffrent game...
I played a lot during the last 2 weekends and beside the very begining (where I had some problems with the windows firewall) and the fact that it often crashes while logging out... I didnt encounter even a singel bug while playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -GEN-Alaris
Getting past all the bugs, and unpolished feel of the game, I have another problem with it. It is World of ********, with a different skin. No, I'm not joking. I used to play World of ********, and ToR screams of being a WoW clone SO MUCH. It feels like I'm playing World of ********, but with Lightsabers.
Thats actually true, too.
Beside the voiced dialogs there is little to nothing new.
But... I hatet overdone comical elves, a Star Wars setting, even to comical too... is still much more intresting.