View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 64
11-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
You do realize that what you just said means that anyone can just download the STO client, play the entire game and level up their character from Lv1 to max-level without actually grinding or buying anything from the C-Store and then either decide to put some coin in the box, or just leave?

That's a wonderful proposition Cryptic is putting on the table for any casual gamer!
Who said I didn't grind, even with accelerated learning. I spent from a Friday to a Wednesday to get to VA1 on Tribble. I have a job and a wife and kids, and I still spent most my free time during those days getting to VA1. Of course, this was before they actually made doff's work right. The initial release was kinda stinko.

I finished from 43 to 51 between Sunday to Wednesday..using the doff system which I spent $90 on, in order to stress test and report issues with the system.

Of COURSE we don't have to grind or buy from the cstore.

We can always choose to have sucky low end equipment.

That is what you use, right? Of course you do, I bet you defeat elite STFs using level II stuff.

But that isn't the point. The point is that Cryptic ramped up training so that people can't EARN loot at the rate at which they progress. Which means when they hit VA1 that if they want the high end gear, they have to pay for it, or spend time grinding out the currency.