View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
Yeah, but I think you are forgetting that STO is geared to mass-market appeal while EVE is a fairly niche title. Its big with the hardcore crowd, but what crowd has more popultion in it do you think? Casual or hardcore?

I don't think this game is perfect by a long shot, but I don't think adding some of the elements from EVE will improve it either.
I'd say Eve is a game for the hardcore or the folks who have little else to do. As a casual gamer myself I certainly couldn't commit to a life in Eve Online. But, while there I did meet more than a few retirees who had multiple Eve accounts and spent their days spider-mining (that's using multiple ships on different accounts to mine the same asteroid belt).

I would say adding mining of such Star Trek essentials as tritanium and dilithium to STO shouldn't be considered a bad thing. As I said before, just because it's an option, it shouldn't be required that every player do it - only those who want to - and that would drive a sort of player-focused economy - who will sell it for the least amount of energy credits, for example?