View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 94
11-30-2011, 05:37 PM
I felt the need to highlight the particular bullet point due to the prior comment of leveling being too fast as well as where most of the C-Store ships are at the moment (both with and without console as it stand now on holodeck, excluding shuttlecraft/fighters).

Tier 1 (4 ships)
-Oberth
-Constitution
-NX
-D'Kyr

Tier 2 (3 ships)
-Exeter
-Gladius
-Rhode Island

Tier 3 (2 ships)
-Thunderchild
-Koro'T'Inga

Tier 4 (5 ships)
-Venture
-Bellerophon

-Tor'Kaht
-Vor'Kang
-Puyjaq

Tier 5 (15 ships)
-Defiant
-Dreadnought
-Excelsior
-Nebula
-Intrepid
-MVAM Prometheus
-Nimbus
-Maelstrom
-Nomad
-Hephaestus
-Imperial

-Guramba
-B'Rel
-Marauder
-Kar'Fi
-Varanus

I can see why there'd be a push to get people to Tier 5 since there are more ships in that tier than all the other tiers combined. What does that mean for the other tiers though with this new leveling curve? If Tiers 1 and 2 are to go by quickly, then you have those 7 ships becoming little more than "Oooh, shiny!" items.

Moving on from there, we get into tiers 3 and 4. Both are pretty thin as far as C-Store ships go, which is where the bulk of time leveling is going to take place. I could understand there being more options here for C-Store ships, but there just aren't any at the moment.

Unless there's some sort of sustainability that's being planned for the lower tier ships, I mean something beyond what we have now from current x.5 ships, there's no incentive for anyone to buy a lower tier ship. I'd really hate to see something like the Exeter, a ship that looks awesome to me, not get any love from C-Store patrons because it's not going to be worth the purchase.