View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 26
12-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Usual warning to non-US players here.

The price quoted does not include VAT, so add an extra 20% on top. You won't actually be charged for the VAT until you've agreed on the base price, so buyer beware.

As the Lifetime is still a sizable lump of money, the VAT will make a difference and could push accounts over the edge this close to the holiday season.
Indeed.

Another thing to keep in mind is, if cryptic charges you in US$ instead of your native currency, the different payment methods (card/paypal) may have different currency conversion rates that track significantly behind the current rate. They may also charge a conversion commission.

When I've bought from Cryptic they've always charged me in GBP , and IIRC theres an soption in you "My Account settings to shoose your currency.

Paypal may save you some money.
VAT is currently 20% here in the UK. But whenever I buy from Cryptic through paypal, I only get charged 15%. Normally small potatoes when it comes to C-Store points, but when you're talking about an LTS that's a 6+ saving by my reckoning (enough for some extra C-Points :p). As always, your mileage may vary.