# 6
12-03-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
The reason for that difference is obvious:

The Federation has one unified military organization:
Starfleet.
And it has been that way for 248 years.
Post 2161 the only Vulcan ships we ever saw were science ships.
And Cryptic should have used the T'Pau type not the D'kry (but I know at least one person on these forums who did not want that because did not like the band with the same name)

The Klingons and their allies are not a unified military in the ses Starfleet is and have only worked together for a few years.

So ships from non-Starfleet organizations in use by Starfleet will of course be rare just because Starfleet had a quarter of a millenium to use the technology of its member races to build its own ships.
I have to agree with mister_dee on this one. I understand the want for more unique and diverse ships, it really does not make sense to have them in Starfleet. Starfleet (as was stated earlier) is a finely tuned military organization that uses the technology and tactics of it's member races to make one medium. Which ends up being the ships we see and play. On the other hand the Klingons don't really care who flies what, as long as they blow things up really well and quickly.

However, because Perfect World has taken over ownership of the game, it's safe to say that these new interspecies ships are a reality. C'mon, Perfect world wants this to be one of it's own silly MMOs with holiday celebrations and stupid dance parties...

Sorry, that's a rant for another time.

It is nice however because they will hopefully start putting in ships that the players have been calling for since the dawn of time, like the Jupiter Class Dreadnought and the Typhoon Class Battleship.

Yup,
Quiiliitiila

P.S.
VOTE JUPITER!!