Thread: bridge official
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 13
12-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Violet (called Purple here in the forums) = VERY RARE. You probably don't want to throw them away.
Blue = RARE. Generally worth keeping
Green = UNCOMMON.

Very Rare bridge officers will have *two* Superior Traits (for example, an Andorian might have Superior Aggression and Superior Cold Resistance).

Rare bridge officers will have *one* Superior Trait. Uncommon ones have . . . well, I don't remember what they have, because I usually get rid of them in favor of Rare or Very Rare ones.

There are times when it might be unwise to get rid of an existing bridge officer, though. If you have a well-trained Common or Uncommon (white or green) officer, you will LOSE the points you've put into them if you send them away. It might be wiser to retain the old officer, not put any further points into him or her, and then *train up* a Rare or Very Rare officer that you plan to put into their position in the future. Then, when the new officer is better trained, you can get rid of the old one and put the new one in.

As has been stated, better officers can also have special skills, possibly making them more valuable and useful. You should consider how an officer can fit into your plans before investing points in them.

WARNING -- take all pieces of equipment off of the obsolete bridge officer BEFORE you send them away. They will take the equipment with them and you won't get it back. This can suck if they had good gear on them. I found this out the hard way.