View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 I can't take it anymore!
12-17-2011, 12:15 AM
I know that there have been plenty of threads dedicated to this subject. But since they are making me grind in game, why not grind on the forums as well.

Enough is enough! I'm not doing another single STF run! It was fun for maybe the first 20 to 30 runs, but now it's just turned into a mindless, endless GRIND! I can't take it anymore. In those thirty or so runs, NOT A SINGLE RARE OR EVEN UNCOMMON BORG TECH HAS DROPPED, FOR ANYONE that I've been grouped with!!!!
Cryptic, please, for the love of (insert deity of preference here) please give us an alternate way to earn the new M.A.C.O gear.

Because in two little word's:

GRINDING SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I don't know whoever thought that this would be a fun novel way to get gear. Believe me it's not, now I have nothing to do in this game. PVP is so unbalanced it sucks to be you, if you are not on a pre-made team. Not only that, but the only other "END GAME" content that we had has been turned into nothing but a GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND, GRIND GRIND, GRIND!!!!

Please for the love of(Insert you're deity of choice here) rethink this strategy of your's. Because I'm about at the end of my rope as far as STAR TREK "GRIND" ONLINE is concerned!!

The only two reason's I'm even still here are:
One: I'm a Lifer
Two: I keep hoping in vain that this game will get better.

I was initially really excited for Season 5. The DOFF system showed some promise, but it only took a couple of hours playing around with it to figure out just how shallow it was. There is no feeling, there is no connection to you're DOFF's. My only concern when one dies on a mission is "Crap, now I gotta find another one with those same or similar abilities". Not "Damn I really liked him/her/it, why oh why cruel world did him/her/it have to die?" That's the reaction you should have. The mission completed reported is stale and matter of fact, why not try to embellish on or spruce up that dialogue. Give it some character.

Better wake up Cryptic and tell you're PW overlords that this game is targeted at a Western market and that the Eastern/Asia-P2W P2Grind strategy will most likely fail in a Western market.

P.S.: I will NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER spend another DIME on a GRAB-BAG from the C-Store. I don't care if you include a guaranteed pic from Lindsey Lohan's Playboy shoot in every bag! Also I swear to(Insert deity of preference here) if the only way to get the new Ent-F class, when it's finally released is to GRIND endlessly the same three missions over and over again. I will never spend another dollar in the C-Store and I will most likely never play this game again.