View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 35
12-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth

I do not mind a grind if I have a reason to need to do it.STO does not give me any reason to do it.
I do not need the gear as there is no next tier of STF or any new expansion coming that needs it.
This^

As it is, there is little to no incentive to grinding.

Frankly, I'm enjoying the DOFF system. I'm raking in ahuge amount of items and resources.

Doffs rake in loot faster than I can anyway (I cycle through my seven characters and get them all to get jobs going as often as I can).

Since S5 launch I've taken a newbie kdf to max lvl and 2 fresh lt cmdr feds to max level just by logging in three times a day and ordering all my toons to send doffs on missions.

I have to say though, I am confused. I thoguht they wanted to slow down progression speed?

OH they meant the speed you can buy gear.............

I can now max level a character in less than a week, once I hit LT8, just with the doff system. Gear?

I can buy dilithium or get it from my alts...so max gear is no problem. I can give a newb character 5000 cp of dilithium any time I want.

Tell me again how they were trying to slow down progression.......

Didn't Stormshade have a real long interview with Priority One about the need to slow down?